Bluebird Care have won a staggering 11 awards at the Great British Care Awards night for 2020.
The winners, spread throughout multiple Bluebird Care offices throughout the country, have been awarded for their commitment and excellence to caring for others.
Bluebird Care is a network of franchises, providing home care services to their customers. It has over 200 offices throughout the country and specialises in working with customers and their families who require care in their own homes. Personalised care visits and tailored care plans are provided.
Bluebird Care, and their staff, won awards for the following:
- Desislava Markova, Birmingham East & North: The Home Care Worker Award
- Lisa Robinson, Stratford & Warwick: The Dignity in Care Award
- Birmingham Team: The Home Care Team Award
- Claire Gwilliam, Shropshire: The Workforce Development Award
- Abbie Webb, Lincoln: The Home Care Co-ordinator Award
- Gabi Sprechert, Fareham: The Outstanding Contribution to Social Care Award
- Ruskana Ali, Leeds North: The Home Care Worker Award
- Leeds North Team: The Social Care Covid Hero Award
- Derek Bell, North Tyneside: Highly Commended The Care Newcomer Award
- Karen Rides, Camden & Hampstead: The Home Care Registered Manager Award
- Kerry Mcginn, Stratford & Warwick: The Home Care Registered Manager Award
Nicole Clarke, Regional Marketing Manager for Bluebird Care North, Scotland and Northern Ireland, said:
The Northern franchises that have won their awards are absolutely delighted. The Covid-19 pandemic was a challenge that collectively our staff have overcome, and winning these prestigious awards is a testament to that. Congratulations to all of the winners on the night, and keep up the exceptionally good work being done across the home care sector.
Kasia Baldwin, Regional Marketing Manager for Bluebird Care Midlands, said:
It’s a really humbling moment to see Bluebird Care franchises in the Midlands being recognised for their exceptional services. The offices which have received these awards deserve this wonderful recognition for the industry leading care they are delivering in their local communities each and every day.
Charlotte McKenzie, Regional Marketing Manager for Bluebird Care South, commented:
Not many people get into care for the rewards and the recognition. They do it because they are selfless and want to make a difference. That does not mean to say such awards and recognition is not welcomed, especially when it is deserved. The recognition of our efforts, in the year the world has witnessed a global pandemic, is also incredible. Our staff work exceptionally hard and are the best at what they do.