Senior Care Assistant
Senior Care Assistant
At Bluebird Care, our business is about protecting and caring for our elderly and vulnerable, every single day, not only in a crisis. We have a wonderful team of people who go above and beyond to ensure our customers are safe, protected and cared for in their own homes. We are looking to grow that wonderful team of people.
Could that be you?
Have you found yourself out of work, on reduced hours or in an employment gap? Are you looking for stable employment that offers flexibility, training and full support that you can commit to on either a long or short-term basis? Or maybe you’re taking this time to have a change of career.
Working for Bluebird Care gives you a tremendous sense of pride and work fulfilment. Offering care and support to our vulnerable is extremely rewarding; even more so at a time when their reliance on help is even greater. At a time like this, keeping our communities in their own homes is of paramount importance and now, more than ever we need to ensure we are flowing with caring people to make this happen. We are committed to the safety and protection of our staff and customers and provide extensive training, guidance and equipment to ensure effective infection controls.
One of the biggest benefits of working for Bluebird care is how fulfilling it is. And knowing that you make a difference to a customer’s day provides a real sense of achievement that’s difficult to experience in any other role.
Working for Bluebird care is also about diversity, meeting new people, new environments, and there is never a dull moment, we want happy staff and happy customers.
If you’re interested in making a difference to our communities, apply now and we’ll be in touch.
Please note that you need to have a full UK driving licence and your own vehicle to be considered for this role.
Summary of position
- Responsible for supporting the supervisors with the efficient running of the area and the supervision of the care team and the care provided to the customers within that area.
- Implementing customer care assessments, care & support plans, risk assessments and reviews.
In return you will receive
- Competitive Salary £10:00ph during the week / £11:00ph at weekends
and £16:00ph Bank Holidays
- Paid travel time between calls (Paid at the hourly rate)
- Mileage paid at 30p per mile
- You will be paid for short notice cancelled calls
- Paid holiday – dependant on the hours worked (Pro-rata)
- Career and progression and further accredited training (NVQ’S/QCF/NFCE)
- Refer a family or friend scheme £80 (Terms and conditions apply)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Staff benefit scheme, including private Healthcare and NHS top up
- Free uniform
- Flexible working and alternative weekend shifts
- Part of the Care Workers Charity – Offering financial support and advice
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the monitoring of quality control procedures.
- Supporting and monitoring of care staff.
- Completing spot checks, observations and quality checks.
- Carrying out customer assessments prior to commencement of care service in the absence of the supervisor/care manager.
- Attending customer's first call to introduce the care worker to the customer.
- To be a part of the emergency on-call rota
- Ensuring all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively e.g. covering calls either directly or indirectly when care workers are sick or absent. Recording all emergency calls and passing the information to appropriate parties.
- Collection and distribution of MAR charts
- To work as part of the team delivering care to customers who otherwise would not receive a visit.
- To attend customer reviews in the absence of the supervisor/care manager.
- To ensure that all changes to care schedules are reported without delay to the coordinators.
- To maintain all reporting and recording procedures are up to date.
- To liaise closely with coordinators, care manager, supervisors, customers and care workers
Skills you will need
- You will have a caring attitude with a passion for helping others
- Be reliable and punctual
- Be respectful in the way you deal with people
- Have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle