Richmond & Twickenham
We are recruiting a full-time Care Coordinator to join the Bluebird Care Richmond & Twickenham team.
Being a Care Coordinator is more than just rota management. You will be responsible for supporting the Registered Manager with business growth and ensuring we are always delivering the highest possible standard of care.
We pride ourselves on delivering care that truly meets the needs of the individual we support, and your role will be fundamental to ensuring this happens every day by matching Customers and Carers not only based on availability, but also personality.
We’re looking for an outgoing and empathic individual with excellent communication skills who enjoys empowering and supporting others.
You can look forward to:
- A salary of up to £27,000 per year
- 20 days of annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Company pension
- Office awards programmes and the opportunity to be considered for recognition on a national level.
- A warm, welcoming, dynamic work culture that is committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Career progression and support
Essential skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of home and live-in care provision.
- Able to work as part of a team whilst using your own initiative.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise.
- IT and computing skills
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- A kind, caring approach to both our care team and customers.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Arrange cover for Care Assistant sickness, absenteeism, or holidays.
- Accept, allocate and process new customer referrals for care and support promptly and effectively using the PASS system and Roster software.
- Process changes to customers’ required care and support needs.
- Ensure there is sufficient cover to deliver care and support to all customers on time and in alignment with their personal care plans.
- Monitor the rostering of Care Assistants to maximise efficiency whilst supporting them to maintain an appropriate work/ life balance.
- Schedule Care Assistants to provide care and support to customers.
- Work with other members of the Bluebird Care team to appropriately match Care Assistants to customers taking account of: Care Assistant skills, experience and availability to safely deliver the care and support plan; the customer’s preferences and care needs; and travel arrangements, routes and working patterns to make efficient use of Care Assistant time whilst meeting the needs of customers.
- Make required adjustments to rotas as required to provide cover for emergency situations, to cover staff holiday or sickness, etc.
- Email staff rotas and customer schedules at agreed intervals.
- Take part in the out of hours emergency on-call rota. This will only be required after the post holder has received full training and has been assessed as competent to provide appropriate guidance and advice in emergency situations.
- Use systems to record and monitor mileage and travel distances. Make sure that accidents and incidents are recorded, reported and acted upon
- Keep all information about customers and their families secure and confidential.
- Carry out general office duties. Prepare reports as required as required by the Registered Manager
- Work flexibly as part of the team and always apply Bluebird Care policies and procedures.