Care Assistant Vacancy
Care Assistant Vacancy
Summary of the Care Assistant Role;
To ensure we meet the personal care and support needs of customers in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes their independence.
Responsibilities for the Care Assistant;
- To assist customers who need help getting up and going to bed in the morning and evenings, including dressing and undressing, washing, bathing and going to the toilet.
- To care for customers who are temporarily sick and need assistant whilst in bed and help with feeding etc.
- To help customers with their mobility and with any physical disabilities, including incontinence and use of personal aids and equipment
- To provide care and support for customers who are terminally ill
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical activities of customers through talking, outings, reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- To make and change beds, light cleaning, emptying commodes and general tidying.
- To inspect, launder and mend customers’ clothes.
- To set tables and trays, prepare and serve light meals, clearing away and washing up.
- To report either to their Line Manager or Care Manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a customer.
- To read and write reports and be involved in customers’ reviews and training activities, if required.
- To encourage the independence of customers wherever possible
- To adhere to all Bluebird’s policies and procedures at all times
Personal attributes for the Care Assistant role;
It is considered essential that Care Assistants possess the following qualities:
- Self-motivated & well organised
- Caring & sensitive to the needs of others
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Full driving License
Benefits for the Care Assistant:
Bluebird Care (East Herts) provides the highest standards of professional care and support to those in need, within East Hertfordshire, who choose to remain living in their own homes. We are looking for Care Assistants who are passionate about providing high quality care and support. Benefits include:
- Highly competitive rates of pay
- Flexible hours
- Full induction and training
- Ongoing support supervision and career development
- Free uniform
This role involves supporting people with everyday tasks such as:
- All aspects of personal care
- Domestic/shopping duties
- Meal preparation
- Overnight care and support
- Live in Care
If you are:
- Passionate about delivering quality care & support
- Available Part time or Full time
- Keen to work in the Brent area
- Eligible to work in the EU
Required license or certification:
- Drivers License
Pay Rate: £8.50 per hour on weekday and £9.50 per hour at weekends and £1.50 for transport