Care Assistant, Leeds
Care Assistant, Leeds
Being a Care Assistant for Bluebird Care gives immense job satisfaction. You will enjoy the special privilege of building unique trusting relationships with each of your customers and deliver exceptional quality care and support to enable people to live happy, safe and independent lives.
Bluebird Care started as a small family business in 2004, and today we are proud to be one of the largest providers of home care services across the UK. But what makes us different?
We’re committed to keeping people in the comfort of their own home, so we help with anything from everyday tasks around our customers’ homes through to complex care needs. Each customer is individual and this is why every day will be different.
We were awarded Good in all areas by CQC and are aiming for Outstanding. For that reason, we pride ourselves on selecting the very best Care Professionals. If you are passionate about providing the very best care, then this role could be the role for you.
Roles and Responsibilities as a Care Assistant
- Providing personal care,
- Companionship and activities with our customers
- Preparing meals
- Cleaning and household duties
- Administering medication,
- Using moving and handling techniques to support people to move around their home and outside, using equipment where required,
- Promoting customer health and well-being, enabling them to live their life to the full.
- Seeking ways to go above and beyond to make our customers feel special!
Because We Care About You
We understand that members of our team have their own family to spend time with and care for and this is why our role offers the flexibility to work around your own home life. We are looking for people who have availability to work some of the following shifts on a 2 weekly cycle:
Early shifts 7am – 4pm
Late shift 4pm – 10pm
You will also be expected to take part in a fair rota for weekend working, which will include working alternate weekends.
We can’t care for our customers if we don’t take care of our team so to make this possible, we offer:
- An excellent rate of £10.50ph on weekdays and weekends and £15.75ph on bank holidays.
- 21p mileage allowance
- 28 days holiday pro rata
- Full training induction and a 12-week mentor
- Ongoing training and support
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Your own work mobile phone with smartphone technology so you can do everything at the tap of a finger.
- Free uniform
- Employee Assistant Scheme with access to telephone counselling from a qualified counsellor
- Employee Well-being fund
- Free staff Health and Wellbeing Check Service.
But not only that, we take care of our team throughout the year, whether it's your birthday, Christmas, awards or simply because it’s a Thursday. We’re a family and we’re here to look after you today, tomorrow and every other day after that.
Your Experience and Suitability for The Care Assistant Role
It isn’t about previous experience. We want to ensure our customers receive the very best care and to do that we need people who are naturally compassionate, caring and patient. We want a team who genuinely cares for each of our customers as if they are their own family.
But don’t panic, we’ll ensure you have all the right training and development because we care for our Care Assistants. After all, you'll be caring for our customers and we'll look after you and ensure you feel equipped for the role.
You must have:
- Full and valid UK driving licence
- Access to a car for work purposes (Class 1 business insurance and valid MOT)
- Right to work in the UK
- Excellent level of English both spoken and written