We are hiring!
Applying for: Activity Coordinator, creating and delivering activity programmes for people with disabilities. (Children, teenagers and adults)
Pay: £10.00 per hour / £11.00 if you have 1 of the desirable qualifications.
Bonuses: Refer a friend scheme and earn points that can be converted into cash.
This role has minimal personal care.
Essential job requirements - YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ANSWERED UNLESS YOU CAN ANSWER CONFIDENTLY YES TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Clean driving licence, held for at least 1 year
- Valid MOT
- 100% confident that you will pass the enhanced CRB checks
- OK to work 40h per week with various shift patterns (7 am - 10 pm, including bank holidays and weekends)
- Ability to create an activity programme for different customers with various disabilities
- Ability to create and deliver an activity programme for children, teenagers and adults. Including day trips, tailoring learning activities which are based on their interests and strengths
- Your activity programme has to have a clear logical progression from A - B
Roles And Duties:
The role is community and home-based and the successful applicants will be supporting individuals in their own home with day to day living tasks, and also accompanying to activities, appointments and offering social support encouraging the individual to reach their full potential.
This role has minimal personal care, you will not need to wash customers, but you may need to remind them to do their own personal care.
The Customers You Will Be Working With:
- People with physical and mental disabilities, including Autism, Asperges, Parkinsons, epilepsy, etc
- Children, teenagers and adults who have various mental health issues, such as social anxiety, ADHD
- Behaviour that challenges
Example Of Activity Within A Programme:
Ability to tell time, on both regular and digital clock
- Spot the difference games
- Taking the client to the space centre and creating a quiz out of it
Desirable Qualifications, (not essential):
- Experience in working with autism, behaviours that challenge, ADHD. (at least 1 year)
- Level 3 Health & Social Care qualified or another similar qualification
- Taught in school or pre-school
- Worked as a youth worker or a social worker
- Knowledge of a sign supported communication system Makaton or Signalong
Job Guarantees And Other Benefits:
- Periodic reviews (after 12 months) with a view to career progress
- Full training provided
- Travel expenses covered
- Cycle to work scheme
- 28 days paid holidays
- Statutory sick pay
- Access to counselling support
- The full-time contract will be awarded after 3-month probation (Recognized by banks to take a mortgage out ect)
- Refer a friend scheme - cash incentives
- Workplace pension
If you are interested, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com